PPCenter :: devblog

PPcenter. Arts and craft for my Sega Saturn. Since 1847 :D

New compiler for my Saturn stuff !

Written by cafealpha no comments
Today, I just changed all my projects configuration and sources in order to use latest "Saturn SDK" compilers 

Very boring work, but now I feel happy to get all my projects updated !

Motivation hedgehog for today work, and future work too :
data/images/20140805_hedgehog.jpg

Here is a list of problems I fixed to get the new compilers working :
 - Don't call directly ld, instead call gcc -o. Why ? because ld can't find properly path to libgcc.a ...
 - Consequently, some link parameters need to be changed :
    "--script bart.lnk" → "-T bart.lnk"
    "-Map main_elf.map" → "-Wl,-Map=main_elf.map"
 - Some signed/unsigned mess that need to be fixed ... old compiler was quiet about this, which made me not worrying about data signedness ^^;
 - Removed volatile keyword in function declaration ... it actually didn't made sense to use volatile elsewhere than in data declaration !
    /* Exit to multiplayer. */
    //(**(volatile void(**)(void))0x600026C)();
    (**(void(**)(void))0x600026C)();
 - Removed SBL sources that were used to read file from CDROM, because they don't compile properly except in -O0 (non) optimisation mode ... Instead, I use source from great CyberWarriorX library


Write a comment

Please enter this homepage's webmaster favorite video game console name.
It fits in 6 letters and is case insensitive.

Rss feed of the article's comments